Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, While I was on the motorway on my way to work, the amber oil light came out and I stopped I soon I could. Going through the manual seem like a lack of oil pressure and after measuring it seem like the oil is just above the minimum.

Is this normal? I have replaced it a year ago.

can anyone help me to source all material I need for a complete service.

Oil can use castrol 0W30. but struggling to find a right fuel filter.

Oild filter seem like this one Blue Print ADH22117 Oil Filter with seal rings, pack of one: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

What do you suggest for brake pads as mine are almoast gone.

Thanks

·
2,811 Posts
Assuming you don't have an oil leak and are not burning any in a significant amount. that doesn't sound like an emergency. However, in practice, you should really check your oil at least once a month when you get fuel, always keeping it at the full mark on the stick. This would be a matter of course even on a new vehicle. Running a car very low on oil for extended periods is not good for the engine. Just FYI.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Follow Kloker's advice. Oil level should be checked at least once a month. The penalty for letting the oil level get too low is severe (financially).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't know what your yearly mileage is,but even if it is low it is recommended that it is changed once a year.If
you want an oil filter or brake pads you need to give what crv, engine size,type and year, otherwise there is no
way of telling.The filter may change half way through Mk number,brakes are less likely to change and maybe
used on other models.Oil can be obtained at a supermarket at a good price for a brand.Castrol stop and start
is good for a diesel,altho' it usually comein a 4 litre container you will need an exta litre if engine needs 4.5.You
can look on ebay for filters,plenty of choice,but you need the one for your model.Lots of sellers ask for Reg.No.
to check it is right,the same with brake pads.Do the oil first (you can get a pump now to suck out through dip stick hole)you don't have to get underneith..Good Luck.oil first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts