Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,
I have a new 2019 CRV LX purchased 3 weeks ago. I have about 1100 miles. When I checked the oil life, it shows 90% oil life along with letter "A" in the information display.
I don't know why minder item A is showing up when there is still 90% oil life left.
I appreciate your time and help.

Sincerely,
RP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Traylaw,
Thank you for your help and prompt response.
I understand that A means Replace engine oil. But I thought that it would display A only when it's due for an oil change. Is that not the case in CR-V?

Thank you
Sincerely,
RP

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,191 Posts
When it's due for maintenance you will see a wrench show up on the dash at 15% or less and you will get annoying constant reminders. "A" only means oil change without changing the filter. "B" is oil change with filter and other service inspection checks. (see my attachment) In addition to the A/B codes you may see numbers 1-7 also displayed for additional services.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Traylaw,
Thank you for your support.
I understand you.
I have a 2007 Honda Civic with 270,000 miles on it. I usually change my oil every 5,000 miles and at that time the maintenance minder would show oil life about 50%. It never displayed "A".
So in the CRV when I saw "A" I got concerned.
But now I understand that it's different in CRV.
Thank you once again.
Sincerely,
RP

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Dear Traylaw,
Thank you for your support.
I understand you.
I have a 2007 Honda Civic with 270,000 miles on it. I usually change my oil every 5,000 miles and at that time the maintenance minder would show oil life about 50%. It never displayed "A".
So in the CRV when I saw "A" I got concerned.
But now I understand that it's different in CRV.
Thank you once again.
Sincerely,
RP
The gen5 MM is more sophisticated, but also operates a bit differently. It predicts the next set of codes for maintenance (which is a nice planning feature for the owner in my view) , but only when the wrench goes on is maintenance actually required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts