Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have had my 59 plate Honda CR-V diesel for a few days now. Did a service today changed the oil with castrol 0w30.

When I took the old oil filter out it had plastic ends on the top and bottom.

The new one I put in made by Bosch was just paper, no plastic top or bottom? I was thinking maybe I bought the wrong type but it all went back together properly.

I drained the oil from the bottom, but collected a bit out of the oil filter casing with a oil extractor.

Changed the air filter and pollen filter both of which looked quite dirty.

Have to still do the fuel filter, was going to leave it but i rather change it for peace of mind.

Ok now for the problems.

The clutch pedal is about 4 cms higher than the brake pedal. Not sure when the clutch/brake fluid was changed but I'm sure it's related. On a test drive today the clutch does not slip in any gear but sometimes when going into first there is a little jerk but nothing too bad.

However there's a squeak actually more like a creek when I push the clutch down. It's quiet loud but only happens when the gears are engaged. Doesn't happen when it's in neutral.?

The next issue is when going into reverse, moving backwards there's a kind of grinding noise like a vibration through the car.?

Driving along the car pulls really well but sometimes hesitates a little at low revs but there's a rattling sound when accelerating.
It only happens around 1500 to 2500 rpm and mostly sounds like a metallic sound?

And finally, the turbo is making a whining noise of epic proportions. More like a siren but doesn't really affect driving just annoying.

Ok that's everything I can think of, if anyone can advise it would be fantastic.

Despite all of the above, I really like the car and it fits my needs. I don't mind spending some money on sorting the issues as I would like to keep the car.

It's had 2 previous owners and done 55000 miles now.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok just answered your other post but here is more info. Look at hondakarma loads of info on there

Only and i mean only use honda filters, especially the oil filter, the ictdi engine is fussy about what filters are used.
Theg rinding sounds like rear diff and requires nothing more than a fluidc hande to sort, again use only honda fluid.
Clutch sqeak very common
I suggest you look at hondakarma as I have said, plenty of advice on there and its a uk website

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I recently joined so will get reading. Thanks again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be changing the oil filter to a Honda filter. I may aswell get the fuel filter and diff fluids from them. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts