Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,574 Posts
Its possible that the Euro design and US designs are slightly different due to regional differences. There are always some out there.
But folks are right the design will evolve as technology changes. Plus as people mention, the chassis was not designed with a hybrid system in mind. European companies are rapidly introducing platforms designed for battery storage and power, thanks to the more aggressive requirements over there for electric vehicles.
Thats not the case in the US....

Reactions: SpectraBob

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wonder why they didn’t utilise the European design. Far more practical and excellent storage for all the tools required to change a wheel. Shame they forgot to put a spare in.
Well now that you mention that, would have been nice if the US Touring model had the heads up display and electric folding outside mirrors. Just sayin

·
Enforcer
1,807 Posts
Well now that you mention that, would have been nice if the US Touring model had the heads up display
As nice a gimmick the HUD is, in the 1+ year I have had my CR-V, I dont think I have used the HUD more than a dozen times, if that.

Frankly, it does nothing that the driver display binnacle doesnt do already.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
As nice a gimmick the HUD is, in the 1+ year I have had my CR-V, I dont think I have used the HUD more than a dozen times, if that.

Frankly, it does nothing that the driver display binnacle doesnt do already.
After driving my RDX with HUD for almost two years, I really miss it when driving my wife's 2020 CR-V! But that is just me.

I also wish the US CR-V had the features available on UK models. Oh well.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,102 Posts
I had thought about a hybrid.... and lately seeing to many concerns and videos of batteries overheating and exploding. So glad i decided against it.

Just becareful what you do w/your Hybrid.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I believe that the wasted space and plastic are simply a place holder for the additional room needed for a larger battery and plug-in of the future CR-V PHEV.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts