Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 CRV -- In the middle of the speedo it says MPG and under this is a sliding scale from 0 to 30 to 60.
As I drive this scale moves up and down. The only catch is I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten 60 miles to the gallon yet the scale seems to indicate so.
What the heck is this thing???

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
For brief periods of time, coasting or going downhill, the distance attained by the speed at which the distance is attained is instantly calculated and calculated into the overall average of mileage.

·
Registered
460 Posts
2014 CRV -- In the middle of the speedo it says MPG and under this is a sliding scale from 0 to 30 to 60.
As I drive this scale moves up and down. The only catch is I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten 60 miles to the gallon yet the scale seems to indicate so.
What the heck is this thing???
It is fuel efficiency read out. Basically it is sort of like that green light you see on your speedometer, the more efficient you are the more mpg you can accumulate. Somewhere I think the computer takes the number sample and uses it to determine your overall mpg.

The lighter you apply the gas pedal the less the bar should drop.

Also to prevent overstating MPG, I found that once the CRV reaches the magic 30 MPG on the readout no matter how hard you try it slowly increases in MPG like it really doesn't want to go over 30 MPG.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts