1,102 Posts
I gets parts from all over.

1) dealership
2) online dealership
3) amazon OE
4) amazon aftermarket
5) rockauto
6) parts store

its a balance between parts quality, speed of obtaining the part, and price.

the one advantage of parts stores have is that they are open longer, so you can get the part now. You know, the window regulator is broken, the window has fallen into the door, and it’s going to rain tomorrow.

Dealerships have gotten more of my business recently because many now have parts departments open on sundays!

amazon has gotten flaky on delivery times even before the covid issue. Too many times have I expected delivery on the weekend to do something, just to have some kind of unexpected delay In delivery until monday. That just causes me to go to the parts stores, get the part, and then return the amazon part “because it did not arrive in time”.

rockauto has really quickened their delivery these days, I must say that they might have become more reliable than amazon. They used to be a 2 week wait, but now I’m seeing things arrive in 2-3 days.

· Registered
03 CRV
1,102 Posts
Regarding harbor freight. I’ve got a lot of stuff from harbor freight. It is a time vs, money issue.

The major rule I have with harbor freight is that when i buy something, I use it that day or really soon. No buying, waiting until the return period is over, and then using the tool.

I’d say, 10% of harbor freight tools just annoy the heck out of me, either they don’t work, or work so poorly it’s ridiculous. Then I waste time stopping what I’m doing, returning the item, and then buying a different branded tool to finish things. It’s the price of buying a cheaper tool - wasting time. On the other hand, I’d say the Other 90% of harbor freight tools, well ... they work fine enough, especially for the price.

1 - 2 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.