Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm 67 and not very tech-savvy.

I have a 2013 CR-V and have my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 hooked up. Everything works just fine, except I am told that when I am speaking with someone through my Bluetooth in my SUV, I sound like I have no teeth!

I hear everyone perfectly, but to them, I sound as if I have no teeth.

Any advise on where or what I should do to correct this? I am old, but I still have all my teeth!!!

Thanks very much.

Judy

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are the windows open while youre on the call? Is the volume above 16?

When you answer or dial the phone, are you doing so with the vehicle's screen/steering controls, or by touching the phone? I ask because in some cases, doing so on the phone will cause it to use the phone's speaker and microphone instead of the bluetooth one in the vehicle. (but it can be toggled with the TRANSFER button on the vehicle screen).

I believe the mic is on the head unit (screen).

Rhody401

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the windows open while youre on the call? Is the volume above 16?

When you answer or dial the phone, are you doing so with the vehicle's screen/steering controls, or by touching the phone? I ask because in some cases, doing so on the phone will cause it to use the phone's speaker and microphone instead of the bluetooth one in the vehicle. (but it can be toggled with the TRANSFER button on the vehicle screen).

I believe the mic is on the head unit (screen).

Rhody401
Thank you for responding, Rhody401... When I use the steering controls the windows are all closed and the volume is below 16. You are correct in that the mic is on the head unit.

How do I make certain I always use the speaker and mic of the Bluetooth? I'm not sure how to toggle with the TRANSFER button.

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you are answering with the steering wheel (or vehicle screen) buttons, it is indeed using bluetooth.

Speak in a normal volume, as you would if someone was in the car. It should be fairly clear, even for a speakerphone.

I suggest testing it out with someone other than the person with the complaint, or maybe even the next time at the dealership, to make everything is OK. I know I heard of at least one other person with a defective microphone, via this forum. It could be that, the reception quality between you and the person, or it could even be on their end if they are also on a speakerphone.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm leaning toward a defective microphone, now that you mention it.

I did try all of your suggestions and I still sound like an old lady without any teeth. That may come soon enough!!! I don't want to push it.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Let us know how ya make out! :)

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts