Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know what your thinking, "Not another lift spring question!!!"
Well, I tried searching and nothing came up what so ever.

Anyways, we all know that finding a lift kit for the 1G's are extremely hard to find (such as Ironman and BDS) until I came across OME (Old Man Emu) lift springs or kit. lift is roughly about 1.75" - 2".

Question is does anybody have these to give some kind of review? I'm really interested to see how they are. I tried google but mostly got Jeep reviews.

http://www.rocky-road.com/honda.html

·
Registered
681 Posts
The reviews that are out there are going to tell you the info you need. OME makes good quality stuff. They provide lift and work to provide a better ride over stock.

I know a guy who had an OME lift on his Rav4. He loved it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've installed OME springs and they ride great. They compress a little with the V's weight on them, so the shocks have a little movement while driving. I have Ironman's on my V and they don't compress at all under vehicle weight, the ride is harsh.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It will give the 2in in the back, with 1in up front. This is to level the V out (the rear sits lower than the front). It is also suppose to ride much better. This is the main reason I want to pick one up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There is a member with a Gen 1 CRV on "the other website" (honda suv dot com) named RealTimeCRV that has and Old Man Emu lift.
I've tried contacting him because he lives relatively close to me and has powder coated his rims, rather inexpensively, so I wanted to get in touch with his powdercoater. But he has not responded yet...
Good luck,
Jeff

·
Registered
51 Posts
FWIW, I would avoid OME & their parent company ARB USA like they had a nasty case of H1N1. They will NOT back their product. I had OME shocks on my Jeep. I took it offroad, they would not warranty one of my shocks. It got to be a heated battle. I could afford to buy a new shock, but it was the principle of the matter. My fight went to the president of ARB USA after I complained all the way to Australia where their parent company is from.
The guy I was dealing with Marc, actually went to all the local Jeep forums, searched the internet for pictures of my Jeep, then found them on my Photobook acct. He then went to his superiors and convinced them that I beat my Jeep and lifted it out of the range recommended without even asking my any questions. He was trying to cover his butt since I complained about his level of customer service. Fact of the matter is that my Jeep was not out of specs for their shocks. He just never asked. Everyone in the local Jeep Community knew my Jeep and how I treated it. I offroaded it but I babied it and spared no expense at maintenance. I took no chances as my wife drove it everyday with my children in it.
Morale of the story, their shocks suck and won't hold up in the long run. I didn't have their springs, but I know many who did and the main complaint was that they sagged prematurely. ARB-USA won't back their products.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed a set of OME springs on a CRV over two years ago and have had no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
26 Posts
???

Can you use the EMU springs on the 1st gen V without installing their shock and still get the right lift and does it function well. In other words, can you use EMU coil springs and, say, Monroe shocks?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Can you use the EMU springs on the 1st gen V without installing their shock and still get the right lift and does it function well. In other words, can you use EMU coil springs and, say, Monroe shocks?
You can, as long as the shocks/struts are not operating outside of their specified heights. You may not see as smooth a ride with that setup as you would see using OME shocks/struts, but you can do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My OME springs work fine with other shockies, yet quite stiff on bumpy roads. But ok. Definitely perfect under heavy load.

·
Registered
1997 AWD CR-V
76 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for OME for gen1? My local shop needs a part number and Rocky-Road did not want to give me the number because I’m buying it elsewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts