Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pondering my new '18 EX I realized that in the back are twin exhausts. I popped the hood and in the mass of plumbing and unfamiliar (made my Passat V6 look sensible!) parts I couldn't spot the manifold or exhaust to the back.
I'm ready to be embarrassed with the obvious answer if someone could clue me in on this mystery. At least to me it is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
It's a single pipe from the engine most of the way to the rear, and then splits at a "T" to go to each exhaust tip.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,636 Posts
The twin pipes exhaust are for looks only. If you want to be 'cool' you've gotta have twin exhaust with chrome tips. Of course you will love those 'cool' looks even more when they need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I think they did it because of the 2.4
It has a single rear exhaust so thats why lx ex and exl have same rear diffuser without any dual contouring
Ex exl and touring 1.5L all get the dual canisters for looks but ex and exl have the turned down tip like the lx while the touring has muffler with straight pipe from canister and the molded diffuser.
I think if they didnt offer a 2.4 here all models would have gotten the touring diffuser & cans just to save costs vs make all those extra parts lol

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I think they did it because of the 2.4
It has a single rear exhaust so thats why lx ex and exl have same rear diffuser without any dual contouring
Ex exl and touring 1.5L all get the dual canisters for looks but ex and exl have the turned down tip like the lx while the touring has muffler with straight pipe from canister and the molded diffuser.
I think if they didnt offer a 2.4 here all models would have gotten the touring diffuser & cans just to save costs vs make all those extra parts lol
They could have done the same on the 2.4. Engine has no effect on that. It's literally nothing more than looks to have split dual exhaust in the rear. Other brands have done similar and it's purely looks, has no functional purpose as it changes nothing for engine performance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
They could have done the same on the 2.4. Engine has no effect on that. It's literally nothing more than looks to have split dual exhaust in the rear. Other brands have done similar and it's purely looks, has no functional purpose as it changes nothing for engine performance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know , im just saying that the 2.4 in past had single(element,4th gen) and to keep costs down on the lx its only got the one

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Interestingly enough, the 2015-2016 LX is a single pipe/single muffler, but it's different than the 2017-2018 which is also single pipe/single muffler.

And the 2012-2014 is also different than either the 15-16 or 17-18 versions.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Interestingly enough, the 2015-2016 LX is a single pipe/single muffler, but it's different than the 2017-2018 which is also single pipe/single muffler.

And the 2012-2014 is also different than either the 15-16 or 17-18 versions.

Interesting, maybe diff suppliers
I wish the 17+ had the matte black also from the 15-16

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,774 Posts
Gee: This 16 Touring (2.4btw) feels hard done by with a single outlet at the back. Boo hoo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts