Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gen 3 2.4L crv with 2WD not 4WD. I raised the car and put it on jack stands. I put the car on drive, the wheel start spinning, but i notice that the left wheel was spinning significantly faster than the right wheel. But after a few second the right wheel sometime got so slow that it stop spinning briefly. While the wheel was still spinning consistenly.

So I thought maybe the caliper was stuck or something. I removed the pad and cleaned it. I tried put the car the car in drive and it's still unchanged. Right wheel is still slow n stop sometimes.

Anyone knows what might be the problem? Is something wrong with the transmission or the differential maybe? Thank you before..

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
In any 2WD car only one wheel is driven unless traction is needed on the other side. So this is normal behavior.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
Google 'open differential'. :)

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Weld up the spider gears. That’ll keep both wheels turning at the same speed. ��
Don't say spider - yer gonna scare somebody!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot for the reply. I learn a new thing today.

I knew about open differential. but I thought when both front wheel not touching the ground they would spin at the same speed. Also I want to add more info, the right wheel that i said spins slower or even stops at times. I didn't put tire on this side, because I was working on replacing the PS pump. Oh also, some few weeks before, I replace the front strut, while doing so, I accidentally pop out the right axle. That being said, is this still normal?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts