Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

One of the front pads is wearing quicker than the other one on dealer inspection
They said everything else is 100% but sometimes I hear a high pitch noise on take off whilst steering wheel is turned from one side
Any ideas of this cause as all was fitted by dealer but only started making noise last few months?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
No a simple pad change will not fix it. Putting new pads on changes nothing, just wear down in even again. Not to sound rude but if your considering trying to fix this yourself, best to let a proper mechanic do it.

Caliper slides need attention and the hardware shims (and where they attach to the caliper bracket) also need attention.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yes I dont do nothing myself, Im just trying to learn. For pads I will go to my usual mechanic Ive known since 2005 just want to know why this would happen when pads discs fitted by honda, but too long to go back to them about it
also what I dont get is I got a honda vehicle check 20 August that said one side is 70% worn on front and same on other side front pad
The next check was 3 october...a few days ago that said one side is 50% worn and the other side is 80% worn with outer edge wearing more not the whole pad
LOL
so how can the pad grow in % over a few weeks, doesnt make sense but yes its just the outer edge wearing a bit more...
but I want to hold off changing them yet IM doing 3000 miles a year
Although opinions I would like to hear on this matter

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool Thanks for all the replies. Im just trying to educate myself as here in england, my usual response to these situations is take it to the dealer ask no questions.
THATS not happening anymore!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to get them changed Friday and cleaned, no point waiting
Instead of Brenbo the garage I know from 15 years said they will fit Bendix and they had few comebacks on brembo..

Filing or other issues.
Anyone know what bendix are like. My driving is all inner city I dont brake harsh

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got them checked out today and changed front pads
I was watching as it only took 30m.
The caliper is 100% and the pins were fine too nice and bouncy
he checked the whole braking system and said he cannot see any reason why one pad would wear a bit more.

He did clean the caliper etc and applied grease to some parts.

Only thing im thinking is can this occur if pads are old but not worn enough to warrant them being changed and they move over time.....this is low mileage, 3000miles a year?
pads were changed around 4 years ago

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Normally, sticking slider pins will cause that problem so I guess the cause hasn't been found and I sure hope the new pads wear evenly now that you got them replaced. Pads should last at least 50k with normal driving. Course different folks use their brakes differently and the mileage can vary a LOT!!
Buffalo4

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi
Yea I hope they are ok, today I noticed that the high squeal noise on take off from the old pads and the brake squeak has gone 100%
im assuming they probably just needed adjusting from being in the car for 4 years plus

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The old high squeal was probably from the one pad (the one that wore out quicker) not being released by the slider pins.
Still, you said the slider pins were free moving and lubricated.
So. just enjoy what you now have. Good results.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes and all help was appreciated. I learn so much from these forums, like some of my mates say A crv is an old mans car ....im 36, I say.
How many times has your "hero" car broke down or had issues over the past few years!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts