Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 EXL & 2015 EX
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked fine when I got the car, but after a couple days the rear washer quit working. I thought?...perhaps fluid is getting low. Finally today I decide to check it out. Well- it turns out that the hose on the rear washer was unplugged. I opened the hatch back and could easily see the tube hanging loose.

Okay easy fix- I'll just plug it back in and hit the button. I did and it worked for a couple squirts then stopped. It unplugged again....and again after re-connected it. The hose looks good- the connector looks good- but the pressure (I assume) just blows it off again.

What is going on here? Do I deed a larger dia connector. Anyone deal with this before?? :unsure:

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
13,992 Posts
If there is enough slack, cut off a small length of the hose and re-attach. If it doesn't seem tighter, apply ONE DROP of Krazy Glue to the hose/nozzle connection.

Have you tried to clean the nozzle? Might be semi-plugged up.
Blow into it (or use a compressor if you have one).

·
Registered
2011 EXL & 2015 EX
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems to spray fine when attached. But about 3 sprays and off it comes.
I did poke the tip of a tooth pick up the hole from the outside-seemed like a little resistance then went right in. No change though- about 3 sprays and pops loose again.

I'll give the krazy glue a go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
DING!.....didn't have any glue....but did have a zip tie. Only used one- It worked.
The other end may be leaking now. I'll put a zip on it tomorrow.

As Elvis would say....... Thank you, thank you very much. :giggle:
My super/crazy glue tubes always gets dried up and pretty much useless if not used within a few weeks.

Glad it worked but yeah, if there i a clog, it'll blow elsewhere in the line until the nozzle is free and clear.

·
Registered
2011 EXL & 2015 EX
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Okay- changing the subject a little- (if that's legal?).

Finally have my title- finally the license dept is open on a day that I am free- will make an attempt this morning to get my car registered and get a tag. I might be legal by 9 am. What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Finally street legal. Car registered, tag installed. 😁 Gee whiz- what a trip.

·
Registered
2011 EXL & 2015 EX
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see no valve in the line-but 99% of it is hidden. I have 2 zip-ties on it now- it hasn't come loose again.
That may be the end of it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts