Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Your wheel preference

• Silver

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Machine Faced

Votes: 8 88.9%
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CRV EX-L
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Ha! no worries, the more the merrier. Yes, they will fit, pretty much perfectly. You can go with 225 or 235 width, the later models (17+) have 235. The stock for the 17 is 235x60x18 (ex or exl). So to go plus one (19") I'd go with 235x55x19 tires. If you go to tire size calculator and put in the numbers, you'll see that the speedo and actual speed would be so little difference you couldn't possibly notice it (at the reading of 20mph the actual would be 20.1, and at 90mph the actual would be 90.3! shockingly close).

cheers, post pics!
Thanks for the help. Will move forward with the wheels and the 235 tires. Will post pics for sure!

·
Registered
2021 CRV EX-L
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, had the wheels and tires installed on Saturday at Discount Tire. Was rough driving when I left and later that evening the low tire pressure light kept coming on. Went in today and found out they had the tire pressure at 40 on one side and 39 on the other. Cold, its supposed to be 30 rear and 33 front. :oops: It's all good now and looks great. Thanks for all the help!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
152 Posts
Well, had the wheels and tires installed on Saturday at Discount Tire. Was rough driving when I left and later that evening the low tire pressure light kept coming on. Went in today and found out they had the tire pressure at 40 on one side and 39 on the other. Cold, its supposed to be 30 rear and 33 front. :oops: It's all good now and looks great. Thanks for all the help! View attachment 150545
Whoa! Don't those look awesome :) Very very nice. Great contrast, slightly larger rims stand out a bit more. Gives it an OEM upscale look! We should start a gang or something lol ;)

I keep 35 all around. Handling is superb.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,254 Posts
Pretty rare for Discount Tire to get the pressures wrong, at least in my experience.
Recently had a new set installed, each tire was within 1 lb. of the door panel number.
I never even had to reset my TPMS.

·
Registered
2021 CRV EX-L
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Pretty rare for Discount Tire to get the pressures wrong, at least in my experience.
Recently had a new set installed, each tire was within 1 lb. of the door panel number.
I never even had to reset my TPMS.
First time for me.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
4,879 Posts
Well, had the wheels and tires installed on Saturday at Discount Tire. Was rough driving when I left and later that evening the low tire pressure light kept coming on. Went in today and found out they had the tire pressure at 40 on one side and 39 on the other. Cold, its supposed to be 30 rear and 33 front. :oops: It's all good now and looks great. Thanks for all the help! View attachment 150545
Looks great!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts