Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm in the process of purchasing a used 2000 CR-V and thankfully stumbled upon this community.
I am wondering if it is worthwhile.

Some of the specifics for this vehicle.
2000, 5 speed manual, AWD, One owner, 190 000 KM's, still pretty peppy, asking $1200 Canadian dollars. It has existed in a mountainous environment and lady driven.

Some dings around the car, Rust starting in rear wheel wells, front rotors and pads will need replacing soon, horn or front windshield washer fluid not working. Sway bar link and ball joints need replacing as well as the valve cover gasket.

I'm guessing this isn't out of the ordinary for repairs for this vintage but I'm wondering if it is worth it. Is there anything that I should look out for before following through with the purchase?

Many thanks in advance. I am looking forward to officially being a part of this community.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, yes, it has decent records of service history and has had timing belt done a number of years ago.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi.

190K km's is not much. Neither is $1,200. I would get estimates and carefully add up all the costs for needed repairs. Does it meet safety checks? Emission? If it's over $2K, I would pass.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My son-in-law has a 2000 he bought 4 or 5 years ago for $4,000 with around 140,000 miles on it. It has been a good car that he has replaced the sway bar links and he has had constant problems with the door locks. It is approaching 200,000 miles. It has been a good car for him and it inspired me to buy my 2016 EX-L. His is not approaching the miles where he will need to replace the timing belt for the 2ns time (1st. owner replaced it). It is a Tennessee car so rust is not an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts