Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a CPO '17 CR-V Touring, and am really enjoying it so far.

I live in Michigan. I learned that Canadian market cars have a panoramic sunroof as an option, as well as a heated windshield. These are 2 options I would have really liked to have...................wondering why they are not available in the US?!?!? Anybody know why?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Because American Honda Motor corp decided that they would not sell well in the USA.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Not really a heated windshield. Just the area under the wipers have heating elements like the rear windshield to help melt snow/ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Not sure how they could believe panoramic sunroofs would sell in Canada, and not the US. Doesn't make any sense.
It doesn't make any sense to you (or to me, either).
But it made sense to someone at American Honda Motor Corp.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Honda America

Took 7 years to offer a passenger mirror for the driver as an option
Took 9 years to offer factory Air Conditioning - It was a dealer add on.
Took 11 years to offer cruise control.
Took 9 years after every GM car had Fuel Injection to make it standard on Honda - you could get it on the Prelude.
Took 8 years to offer a mini van and 9 years to offer a SUV and 27 years to offer a truck
Still no V8 engine on any US model. Yes they could have produced a 4.0L V8 based on the 2.0L I4.

Still no standard Honda Sensing - It is on every Toyota Model.

Yes Honda America gets it about a few years too late.

They should have waited longer for the CVT and GDI - and never offered the turbo. They will never solve the fuel dilution with a turbo.

Honda used to be last so they let others solve the new technology problems - now they have new technology problems and no valid solution.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
American Honda, Are you listening?

Honda America

Took 7 years to offer a passenger mirror for the driver as an option
Took 9 years to offer factory Air Conditioning - It was a dealer add on.
Took 11 years to offer cruise control.
Took 9 years after every GM car had Fuel Injection to make it standard on Honda - you could get it on the Prelude.
Took 8 years to offer a mini van and 9 years to offer a SUV and 27 years to offer a truck
Still no V8 engine on any US model. Yes they could have produced a 4.0L V8 based on the 2.0L I4.
Still no standard Honda Sensing - It is on every Toyota Model.
Yes Honda America gets it about a few years too late.

They should have waited longer for the CVT and GDI - and never offered the turbo. They will never solve the fuel dilution with a turbo.

Honda used to be last so they let others solve the new technology problems - now they have new technology problems and no valid solution.
A f'ing men!

My family is driving 6 Honda's, I have a '10 CR-V, my wife a '07 CR-V and I am afraid to buy a new one because of the their engineering stupidity! As evidenced above!

Not likely to buy another one, ever!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
A f'ing men!

My family is driving 6 Honda's, I have a '10 CR-V, my wife a '07 CR-V and I am afraid to buy a new one because of the their engineering stupidity! As evidenced above!

Not likely to buy another one, ever!

I could not disagree more. Hondas are some of the best engineered cars on the planet. Most of what is listed above have nothing to do with engineering prowess.

Why does your family have 6 Hondas if they are so poorly engineered (according to you)?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Good question.

I could not disagree more. Honda's are some of the best engineered cars on the planet. Most of what is listed above have nothing to do with engineering prowess.

Why does your family have 6 Hondas if they are so poorly engineered (according to you)?

All are pre 2015. My '10 which is a ticking time bomb to replace pistons, rings, and perhaps block!

Take a look at the thread Hesitation of the '10's. Vibration at idle of the '15's. And Gas in Oil of the '17's. All Engineering disasters. Many with class action law suits, recalls, and no fix yet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All are pre 2015. My '10 which is a ticking time bomb to replace pistons, rings, and perhaps block!

Take a look at the thread Hesitation of the '10's. Vibration at idle of the '15's. And Gas in Oil of the '17's. All Engineering disasters. Many with class action law suits, recalls, and no fix yet.
You haven't answered my question. All you have said is that they are pre-'15s........ This doesn't tell me why you have 6 in your family.

There is a fix for the gas/oil issue on the '17s and '18s. I just communicated with the service manager at my local Honda dealer, and he confirmed this. I'll be bringing mine in this week.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
To try again...

You haven't answered my question. All you have said is that they are pre-'15s........ This doesn't tell me why you have 6 in your family.

There is a fix for the gas/oil issue on the '17s and '18s. I just communicated with the service manager at my local Honda dealer, and he confirmed this. I'll be bringing mine in this week.
I agree with your statement that Honda's are well engineered vehicles; or, actually were. Until the disaster with all 2010 and early 2011. These were engineering disasters. I know, I am stuck with one. Late 2011 through 2014 were pretty much OK. The 2015 with the DI engines and CVT's were bad engineering. And later also have problems requiring fixes such as your 2017 which I do hope the "fix" actually fixes it, which also I seriously doubt.

Why 6? Easy, two daughters, 1 niece, 1 nephew, my wife's '07 and my '10! All pre '15 so we have not had to deal with the poor engineering introduced in '15 and continuing still!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Honda used to be a great engineering company. Old man Hondo was a great engineer and required quality when he ran Honda.

Ito took over and ran Honda into the ground - engineering was forgotten in his desire to have everything Toyota has.

We got the 2nd gen Insite that was a joke. Hybrid battery packs based on ni-cad batteries. and a second gen Ridgeline that is a Pilot with a bed.

Not really great engineering anymore.

Turbo with GDI is a disaster waiting to happen. High pressure (from a turbo) and direct fuel injection will always lead to fuel leaking past the piston rings.

Also the "FIX" for the 1.5L Turbo does not appear to work for most. the engine is still too cold to heat the vehicle and fuel is still diluting the oil. All the fix seems to do is cause the Mileage Minder to go off 3 times faster than before.

I have owned Honda's since 1977. My 1st 5 Honda's has zero defects and no issues while I owned them. I have had minor defects in the last 5.
Poor door seals, rattling speaker covers, dash light the burned out, bumpers that pop out of their connections and have to be pushed in weekly.

I am not so sure the my 2016 CR-V will be as trouble free - I know it will be more reliable than any of the 1.5L turbo replacements.

Honda used to test the crap out of an engine and suspension. Now they do computer modeling rather than real world testing.

Famous computer saying "garbage in gives garbage out". They are not fixing the problem - they are putting a bandage on it and calling it good.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,781 Posts
Way off topic closing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.