Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question.

My CRV EX I purchased last week, I opted to have the front and rear sports bumpers and the side body molding installed as I really wanted these options. I probably should have done more DD, but the dealer is charging me 2002

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question.

My CRV EX I purchased last week, I opted to have the front and rear sports bumpers and the side body molding installed as I really wanted these options. I probably should have done more DD, but the dealer is charging me 2002 when according to the Honda website the parts would be 1103. So I am looking at $900 in installation costs which I think seems a little excessive. I know the body moldings should not take anytime at all to install. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I did a front bumper replacement on a 1st Gen CR-V, which took two of us about 4 hours to remove the old one and get the new one mounted and aligned. And yes, someone experienced probably could have done it faster.

I did a body molding install on my ex's Honda Civic Coupe, which I started in the morning after breakfast, and took long enough that she was complaining about wanting to go to lunch, and kept asking when I'd be done.

So the question you have to ask yourself is what is your time worth, and do you have someplace that you safely work on your CR-V to do the work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts