Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just recently sold off my 1996 Honda Civic that I had owned for a while, and Just recently bought a used 2001 CRV SE AWD. I bought it off my Uncle and I love it already. It's also really cool that there is a forum out there dedicated to this specific year of CRV.

This will be a project car for me for a while. Right now I just wanted to start out with something small, but I'm not sure if something can be done about it. And that is the Orange Colored backround lights behind the dials, clock, radio, and climate control knobs. I'm not too fond of the orange color and was wondering if this can be altered either by changing the color of the light bulbs or do I need to change something else.

Thankyou all for any help, and have a great day!

Ray

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
There are write ups around for doing LED conversions to everything but the stock radio. Easiest way is to just replace the radio with an aftermarket that offers many color choices.

If I get a chance to get on an actual computer in the next couple days Ill post some links to stuff if someone doesnt do it before then.

Congrats on the V. Keep up with basic maintance and those 1st gens are good for like 300K plus if it doesnt rust away 1st. (Noth sure where your located.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda4life,

That's a darn good idea. I will put in an after market stereo. I am from the Chicago suburbs, so I will have to keep up the care to keep it from rusting. I would hope to pass 300,000, the 96' civic I just sold was at 330,000 and that thing looks like it wont miss a beat for who knows how long. I had to rebuild the Trans at 320,000 but I never thought it would last that long.

I'll try to find those Led writeups, but if you found them too that is awesome!

Thanks for you help Honda4life and have a great one!

Ray

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Honda4life,

That's a darn good idea. I will put in an after market stereo. I am from the Chicago suburbs, so I will have to keep up the care to keep it from rusting. I would hope to pass 300,000, the 96' civic I just sold was at 330,000 and that thing looks like it wont miss a beat for who knows how long. I had to rebuild the Trans at 320,000 but I never thought it would last that long.

I'll try to find those Led writeups, but if you found them too that is awesome!

Thanks for you help Honda4life and have a great one!

Ray
That's some awesome mileage on the Civic. I plan to at least get to 200,000 miles before considering selling the V.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's pretty crazy. All our family buys is Honda's, and when one family member wants to buy a new one, they just sell the old one to another family member. I believe this is the 3rd Civic that has gone over 300,000. But that is also with good maintenance over the years.

Those look like two nice rides you have there Coastie05 with the '13 CRV and '14 Civic! I hope you do get worry free 200,000 or more.

Have a good Wednesday Man!

Ray

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Orange Dash Gauges

Here is a picture of the Speedometer, Tachometer, and Fuel gauge cluster. You can see the Orange all over the Gauges. First, I know that I need to change the light bulbs, but then I don't know how to get rid of these orange parts. because they are actually on the Gauges themselves it looks like. I'm wondering if this is just some panel that could be changed out, or if I will need to actually change the gauges out totally?

Thanks all!

Ray

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts