Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
take your car title to the dealer so that you can prove ownership of your CRV and prepare to pay to have them made. Now you should have gotten two FOBs and a valet key if you bought the car brand new from the dealer or from the previous owner if they didn't lose them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
And there is a limit to the number of keys your CR-V will recognize, so you needing "a few" backup keys worries me.
That's an interesting point. I just picked up a 2013 CR-v from an independent dealer he ordered a second key probably after market, only got one from former owner don't know how many they didn't forward so I will let you guys know how I make out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just went through this with my 2014. The car will only recognize 3 keys. Each key has a transponder which the car has to recognize in order for the engine to run. Other keys that are cut correctly will turn the ignition switch and crank the engine, but it will not run. It cost me $155 to get a new key and to program the car to recognize all three. That was at a local locksmith. You must have the correct scanner in order to program the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.