Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 CRV and last fall noticed 3 year old Wal Mart battery seemed to be on its way out, little cranking power in the morning. Replaced with another of the same and problem has continued, Problem is more severe after a cold night. Barely started after mid teen night yesterday. After a 20 minute drive car starts fine, but basically if you let it sit for long the battery seems to be draining. I have had both alternator and battery checked and all are good. Alternator is putting out what it should be and battery is charging fine. My drivers side door jam switch has been out for some time (can't recall if it died about when the trouble started last fall) but I am wodering if this could be causing the drain or what else is likely culprit. All grounds are secure and good and I never leave anything on in the car at night. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, electrical problems can be so hard to figure out. Thanks Joe

·
Registered
45 Posts
you mean the little black thing to make the dome light come on and turn off when the door is closed? if this what you mean a temp fix i did was to put the dome light in the close position ( never come on ) before i did this i noticed the dome light was not turnng off completly and it had stayedd on all night and drained the battery.

hope this helps if not hope someone can. \/ ( peace)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts