Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does 0w20t oil mean full synthetic oil? Just got it changed at the Honda dealer and that’s what the invoice says. And does it matter if it’s synthetic or synthetic blend just as long as it’s 0w20? I checked our owners manual and it only specifies it as 0w20, doesn’t specify synthetic or synthetic blend.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,154 Posts
Since most bulk 0W-20 oil is full synth, that's probably what you got.

In fact, the only synthetic blend I'm aware of is the bottled stuff sold by Honda dealers...and THAT is OK for your engine too. It's less expensive than Honda's full synth.

Ask 'em if you would get the oil changed for less next time, if you wanted the blend. ?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Actually 0w20 doesnt matter. Can use 5w20 or 5w30 and will hurt NOTHING. 0w20 is for epa mileage crap and extreme cold. Beyond that it has 0 effect on anything.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I thought I read on that Bob's the oil guy site that you can't have a dino oil that is 0wt. Therefore all 0wt's are synthetic oils. Could be wrong but I trust Bob.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondering if the MM knows whether synthetic or synthetic blend was used? In other words do you get longer change intervals with synthetic ? My maintenance minder came on at 15% after driving 7500 miles.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just wondering if the MM knows whether synthetic or synthetic blend was used? In other words do you get longer change intervals with synthetic ? My maintenance minder came on at 15% after driving 7500 miles.
No it doesn't have any idea what type, visicisity or brand oil you are using.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
.........Ask 'em if you would get the oil changed for less next time, if you wanted the blend. ?
I’d bet they squirm a bit.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Does 0w20t oil mean full synthetic oil? Just got it changed at the Honda dealer and that’s what the invoice says. And does it matter if it’s synthetic or synthetic blend just as long as it’s 0w20? I checked our owners manual and it only specifies it as 0w20, doesn’t specify synthetic or synthetic blend.
If you would like to learn more about motor, here’s a good read.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Oh and since it wasnt made clear, 0w20 is SYNTHETIC ONLY. Cannot get blend or standard in 0w20.

If you are one of those people that uses the MM, USE SYNTHETIC OIL. Or no matter the car, your engine isnt going to last like it should. Going from 100% down to 0 is way too long between oil changes. Anyone here says any different, they are wrong, mainly because they haven't kept a vehicle long enough to see the life lost.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Tell Honda 0W20 is SYNTHETIC ONLY. They may want to know. As Carbuff2 said,Honda has made it clear they offer both (full and blend) even though Honda does not make/refine oil. Even the print on the Honda bottle is outsourced. But still, Honda offers both.
See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

·
Registered
173 Posts
Oh and since it wasnt made clear, 0w20 is SYNTHETIC ONLY. Cannot get blend or standard in 0w20.

If you are one of those people that uses the MM, USE SYNTHETIC OIL. Or no matter the car, your engine isnt going to last like it should. Going from 100% down to 0 is way too long between oil changes. Anyone here says any different, they are wrong, mainly because they haven't kept a vehicle long enough to see the life lost.

Link as follows to Kendall 0W20 Synthetic Blend Oil.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
"Oh and since it wasnt made clear, 0w20 is SYNTHETIC ONLY."

Someone's clarity is somewhat muddy........no? What is clear, is contractions should have an apostrophe. LOL

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
(y)(y) However, since this is now (unofficially) an oil thread, there will be even more clarity forth coming, with-in this thread, I'm sure.:giggle:

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
........and I just picked myself up off the floor after the wiper jerk thread/posts. Back on the floor, rolling/laughing.(y)(y)

·
Registered
157 Posts
My work carries a 0w20 semi blend in a 6 gallon box. No one ever buys it so it's been sitting there probably for a long time. I haven't seen it offered in quarts or anything just that six gallon box. Now the six gallon that is marked full synthetic we usually sell out of as quick as it comes back into stock as a lot of the shops stock it and use it daily.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts