Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda CRV EX-L
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to see when we picked up our new 2022 CR-V lease yesterday that there was a full sized owner’s manual in the glove box! That saves me from having to send away for one, like I had to do when we hit our 2018!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,211 Posts
Happy to see when we picked up our new 2022 CR-V lease yesterday that there was a full sized owner’s manual in the glove box! That saves me from having to send away for one, like I had to do when we hit our 2018!
Are you sure it's the full manual? 680 some odd pages?
I only got the small one (maybe 200 pages) in the glove box, had to get the full one online.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think it was a smart business decision for Honda to not provide a full size printed manual with every car. I would bet the number of people that never open a manual is staggering. They also made it easy to either order a hard copy (which I did) or view it online, I wonder what the actual cost of a printed manual is times the number of new cars.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,093 Posts
I would bet the number of people that never open a manual is staggering.
One look at this forum and the queries validates this.

Suspect most motoring forums are the same. Easier to post on a forum, get someone else to do the donkey work than look at the index of a manual...🙄🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,498 Posts
I think it was a smart business decision for Honda to not provide a full size printed manual with every car. I would bet the number of people that never open a manual is staggering. They also made it easy to either order a hard copy (which I did) or view it online, I wonder what the actual cost of a printed manual is times the number of new cars.
I agree. It's a huge waste for paper resources and cost to Honda to include one in every glove box. So making it available on request makes a lot of sense for Honda to do.

Vehicle manufacturers are going to pass on costs + markup in MSRPs. Every dollar scraped off of the cost to deliver a vehicle into owners hands is ultimately cost removed from the MSRP. Smart practices by Honda in this regard help keep MSRPs down over time.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,133 Posts
It's a huge waste for paper resources and cost to Honda to include one in every glove box.
Not to mention, they would need to make the glove box BIGGER. Or perhaps, create a bespoke storage cubby for it in the cargo bay. (That many owners wouldn't realize was there...) :rolleyes: 😂

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
995 Posts
Not to mention, they would need to make the glove box BIGGER. Or perhaps, create a bespoke storage cubby for it in the cargo bay. (That many owners wouldn't realize was there...) :rolleyes: 😂
I had my other car for a year before I discovered the manual under the passenger seat. But then I’d never missed it because I use the downloaded pdf 100% of the time. It’s so much more usable in that format. Now it’s under the floor in the trunk in a cubby.

·
Registered
2022 CRV-EX-L
63 Posts
Are you sure it's the full manual? 680 some odd pages?
I only got the small one (maybe 200 pages) in the glove box, had to get the full one online.
I have a full manual in my glove box as well. It is very thick. But the I prefer the online version because it's easier to read.

Yes I have one in my glove box as well. No need to send off for one.

·
Registered
2022 CRV-EX-L
63 Posts
I bet that SOME dealers headed off multiple inquiries (and customer agitation) by being proactive and including the complete manual with the car.
I agree. My dealership is old school and small town. They included a manual with my Accord when I bought it too. When I traded in my Accord, they asked about the second key fob and if the manual was still in the glove box (it was).

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,093 Posts
I bet that SOME dealers headed off multiple inquiries (and customer agitation) by being proactive and including the complete manual with the car.
While a good idea, I'd wager almost no one would bother reading it.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,211 Posts
While a good idea, I'd wager almost no one would bother reading it.
Maybe they should do what they did when I flew an AT-6. They sent the manual ahead of time and I had to initial each page, to show I had at least looked at it.
They checked for the initials, and asked some random questions until they were sure I knew what was in the manual.
That plane had some odd quirks, like if you pulled the lever to raise the landing gear while you were on the ground it would do so, to your embarrassment and cost, best to have read the manual.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe they should do what they did when I flew an AT-6. They sent the manual ahead of time and I had to initial each page, to show I had at least looked at it.
They checked for the initials, and asked some random questions until they were sure I knew what was in the manual.
It’s fun to imagine what that would do to the vehicle market.

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX
14 Posts
Before I decided to buy my CRV I researched all I could to find an online Owners Manual to peruse. The best and probably only one I found was owners.honda.com. Couldn’t believe it was close to 650 pages. I went over every page and got very acquainted with the CRV. I had to search for a 2021 CRV since the only 22 manuals were for the Hybrid and Navigation. Still no 22 Manuals available yet but 21 and 22 had no changes. My new CRV came with the 650 page manual. The best info I got and used was YouTube 11 Things You Don’t Know About Your CR. Very informative about settings and how to turn them off, on and change.
Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2022 CRV-EX-L
63 Posts
Before I decided to buy my CRV I researched all I could to find an online Owners Manual to peruse. The best and probably only one I found was owners.honda.com. Couldn’t believe it was close to 650 pages. I went over every page and got very acquainted with the CRV. I had to search for a 2021 CRV since the only 22 manuals were for the Hybrid and Navigation. Still no 22 Manuals available yet but 21 and 22 had no changes. My new CRV came with the 650 page manual. The best info I got and used was YouTube 11 Things You Don’t Know About Your CR. Very informative about settings and how to turn them off, on and change.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Agreed. I get more information from Youtube. That's how I learned to disable that annoying auto-stop.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,026 Posts
Both my first and second gen CRVs had a tray underneath the front passenger seat. It was great for keeping the owner's manual there even though it was probably half the size of the ones now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts