Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of a beige 2006 CR-V LX. I love my Honda; it is surprisingly quick and nimble - especially for a 4 cylinder SUV. I have found 2 interesting facts about owning a CR-V (in addition to the 100s of interesting things about the car itself):
1. Women of all ages love the CR-V
2. Men of all ages love the CR-V
So.... the Honda is quite the head-turner, which is no surprise except that I have noticed that, while the women are interested in the car, the men are interested in the driver. I am a [straight] male in my mid-20s, and I am curious the demographic of other V owners, and men: have you had similar experiences being "checked out" while in your V? Are owners predominately men? women? homosexual? heterosexual? etc...?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi 2006H….,

Heck of a 1st post.

I’m male, mid 30’s, and straight. My V is a daddy mobile and I’m not that good looking so no one is checking me out. :mad:

I see more women driving V’s then men in S.CA. IMO it’s a feminine looking car…especially my 3rd gen. I don’t think more gay guys vs. straight guys like the car and even if they did it doesn’t make any difference to me. Maybe the guys are looking at you and thinking, “Why’s that dude driving a girl car?”. Or possibly the V is some sort of gay signal and I’ve made a horrible mistake purchasing one! :eek: I’m joking of course. Take the head-turns as a complement and enjoy your V! :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
male mid 30's .My wife wanted the v for her 30 min commute . well we moved and her commute is one mile and mine is 30 min so i got the V for gas reasons and my wife gets the grand cherokee. Might be a dad soon so the V will also serve as the baby transporter. Definitely not my pick. I did get checked out by two young women in a volvo awd yesterday but unfortunately it was my good looks and not the Vs that caught their attention. The V aint no head turner but then again I dont get tickets in it the way I do in my 70 Maro so thats good. mines a 2nd gen so its a little less feminine than the the newer ones . Sorry in advance to all ihave just offended..its the truth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Female 40+ and I love my V. I never looked at the 3rd gen as a chick ride, and I see men driving the V. But I have to say I see older men in the V versus younger men. I love to personalize every ride I have so when I got my V that is what I did and as my neighbors and husband say with those hot pink break pads, it is a chick car; but my husband rolls it anyway he figures I am paying the note.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! I totally agree that the second-gen's are less feminine than the third-gen's. Anyway - I love the car, regardless what others may or may not think. I will take any looks my way as compliments to either me or my choice of ride:) How could any man not like an SUV that combines functionality and versatility with a sporty feel (not to mention the 30MPG's)!?

Sidenote: I have noticed that in my area, V drivers tend to be either A) 25-35 year old women; or B) 65+ year old couples... PLUS at least a couple of us younger men ;) New to the Honda world, I am surprised at and pleased with the sense of community among us young Honda drivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts