Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am the new owner of a beige 2006 CR-V LX. I love my Honda; it is surprisingly quick and nimble - especially for a 4 cylinder SUV. I have found 2 interesting facts about owning a CR-V (in addition to the 100s of interesting things about the car itself):
1. Women of all ages love the CR-V
2. Men of all ages love the CR-V
So.... the Honda is quite the head-turner, which is no surprise except that I have noticed that, while the women are interested in the car, the men are interested in the driver. I am a male in my mid-20s, and I am curious the demographic of other V owners, and men: have you had similar experiences being "checked out" while in your V? Are owners predominately men or women?

·
Registered
20 Posts
male mid 30's .My wife wanted the v for her 30 min commute . well we moved and her commute is one mile and mine is 30 min so i got the V for gas reasons and my wife gets the grand cherokee. Might be a dad soon so the V will also serve as the baby transporter. Definitely not my pick. I did get checked out by two young women in a volvo awd yesterday but unfortunately it was my good looks and not the Vs that caught their attention. The V aint no head turner but then again I dont get tickets in it the way I do in my 70 Maro so thats good. mines a 2nd gen so its a little less feminine than the the newer ones . Sorry in advance to all ihave just offended..its the truth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Female 40+ and I love my V. I never looked at the 3rd gen as a chick ride, and I see men driving the V. But I have to say I see older men in the V versus younger men. I love to personalize every ride I have so when I got my V that is what I did and as my neighbors and husband say with those hot pink break pads, it is a chick car; but my husband rolls it anyway he figures I am paying the note.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input! I totally agree that the second-gen's are less feminine than the third-gen's. Anyway - I love the car, regardless what others may or may not think. I will take any looks my way as compliments to either me or my choice of ride:) How could any man not like an SUV that combines functionality and versatility with a sporty feel (not to mention the 30MPG's)!?

Sidenote: I have noticed that in my area, V drivers tend to be either A) 25-35 year old women; or B) 65+ year old couples... PLUS at least a couple of us younger men ;) New to the Honda world, I am surprised at and pleased with the sense of community among us young Honda drivers.

·
Premium Member
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory
280 Posts
Reviving an old thread, I'm 73 and traded my 2019 Civic Touring Coupe on a 2020 CR-V EX-L, largely because it's easier to transport our dogs to the veterinarian, my wife, who holds them while I drive, finds the CR-V's back seat very comfortable and roomy, much more so than her 2019 Fit EX-L. Interestingly, I've been driving Civic Coupes or hatchbacks since the 80's, so the CRV is a real change for me. Interestingly, my wife went along for the test drive, halfway through, she asked if she could could try it, drive back to the dealership and said she wanted one too, but with fabric seats. She traded her Fit for a Obsidian Blue/Gray EX, which she totally loves, says it's the most comfortable seats/ride she's experienced. Previous to the Fit, she drove Accord Coupes.
So, there's an interesting addition to your CRV demographics. From what I've seen here in Central Pennsylvania, all ages drive CR-V's, but I'm seeing the current generations being driven mostly by people in the middle-age group, starting to see more Tourings in this area.

·
Read Only
2 Posts
From what I can tell, the CRV is a remarkably "average" automobile in its category; it doesn't stand out in any way, good or bad. It's neither too small, nor too big. Neither an eye-catcher, nor an eyesore. Neither futuristic, nor obsolete. BTW the price is also very near the middle.

This is why, I surmise, it appeals to broad demographics and doesn't scare away too many potential buyers by either its price, or weird looks, or poor specs. And that's how it sells in so many copied year after year.

So much so that I see about the same ratio of CRV's in the overall CUV mix when driving in the Loudoun county (the wealthiest county in the land, I believe) and on the outskirts of Appalachia.

BTW, statistically speaking one should see more RAV4's on the road, but I definitely am seeing more CRV's than RAV's (of all generations).Maybe RAV people keep them in garages :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts