Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if it is OK to wrap the oxygen sensor wires in Honda Capsacian anti-rodent tape such as this:

or place split wire-loom over the sensor wires and then tape it over?

Would the extreme heat of the 02 Sensor cause an issue with heat retention and possible failure/problems if wire-loomed and or taped over?

Looking to preemptively provide some protection, just in case.

Please see pic of sensor with wires in unwrapped state.

Thank You.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Depends on how far away from the manifold/actual sensor. No where in your pictures is it safe due to temps.

Mice arent going to chew up O2 wiring near the manifold unless maybe you leave it parked in the middle of a field for a couple winters

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
You'd be surprised how much damage critters can do.

Our 2013 is used daily (New York), yet mice made two major league packed in nests - one on the tranny case, and one on the engine intake manifold. They tore up the blanket under the hood, and down the firewall. Since this happened I've been spraying "Liquid Fence" under the vehicle (this is happening on our paved driveway!), and put it in rag soaked plastic baggies zipped tied in two spots under the hood to keep the mice away. So far, we've cut the incursion to a bare minimum.

My sister just sold her 2016 (Colorado) after the second major 'attack' that disabled her car and required a tow in for repairs. Tape and all, she gave up. In her case, she believes the invaders were rabbits!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts