Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2015 CR-V FWD with about 95,000 miles with the 2.4L "Earth Dreams" direct injection engine and last night my wife got stranded leaving work when the Check Engine Light came on and the CR-V was in limp mode, like 10 MPH max. She parked it and called Honda Roadside Assistance. By the time I arrived I just had enough time to pull the OBDII codes and got the P0087 then it left on a flat bed to my near Honda dealer. Weird thing is the TPMS, Traction/Stability Control & Electric Power Steering lights were on too. TMPS was flashing. Vehicle would restart but after double the cranking time. Anyone else had this issue with this engine?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
P0087 is a Low Fuel Pressure code. Google brought up lots of data and references.

If the battery was run down repeatedly trying to start it, that could account for the other indicators.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0087 is a Low Fuel Pressure code. Google brought up lots of data and references.

If the battery was run down repeatedly trying to start it, that could account for the other indicators.
Yes, I did see the fuel pressure related issues but didn't see anything related to this new direct injection engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a call from my Honda dealership. It appears that the High pressure fuel pump failed... fortunately covered under the extended warranty! 4-5 hours tech time + the pump MSRP $645 according to estore.honda.com 16790-5LA-A01

1 - 4 of 4 Posts