Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P0139 first appeared 1 year ago--new rear O2 sensor fixed it then. P0139 just appeared again. Sensor was under warranty, as my local (non-Honda corp) shop warrants parts & labor for 3 years--replaced the O2 sensor again. This time, the code came back within a week. The shop ordered another sensor, but it did not solve the code--the shop referred me to the local Honda dealer service manager.

This week, Honda dealer replaced sensor, code persisted. Dealer replaced pre-catalytic converter gasket (at their expense), code persisted. Next obvious step was to replace the only other component, the ECU--pricey! I asked the dealer to do continuity test on all wires in the harness between the sensor & ECU. He did that & it passed the tests. He suggested replacing the ECU. I asked what would happen if he did that & the code persisted. He said "we wont' charge you for a part that doesn't fix the problem". He replaced the ECU, and the code resolved. $560 part, $165 labor, 12month/12kmile warranty on parts & labor.

The dealer said according to their computer records, they had only sold 2 of these sensors in 8 years (in a city the size of Houston!). Both of them were installed in my car! My local shop said the ECU is a trouble-free component, and they may replace only one of those in any Honda/Acura they service in a year.

My CRV may look like a vehicle, but I think it's really a unicorn!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yes, that's a good dealer! I've never had a Honda ECU go bad, even in the old hoopties I have here at Casa Wildcat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts