Status
Not open for further replies.

P0498

Tags
p0498
20K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  otto888man 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an 09 crv with a p0498 code, i have searched all over but have only found posts with elements and gen 2 that had cut wires, i check the wiring by the vent valve and there are no cuts, and everything looks good. IMy fiance also got into a front end collision about less than a week before it came on, the wire seems to go up into the rear cabin and not the engine bay, idk if this is correct though. is there anyone who has had this issue with the 3rd gen, are their any fuses im supposed to be looking at, i checked all of the fuses int he engine bay as well. any help is appreciated, thank you.

#4 ·
i figured it out, the wire on the valve itself was fine but when i took a second look, i found that the wire on the main harness itself was actually corroded and broken, looks like 2 of the bottom ones, im going to try to solder new wires, and see if i can get it going cause a new main harnes, would be a pain.

#6 ·
so i was able to fix it by stripping and twisting wires, but for some reason i could not get the solder on the oem wire, just on my wire, idk how long it will last but it did fix the issue as the light went off and i was getting voltage. anyone think of a reason why the solder wouldnt stick? i shrink wrapped it as well, and am considering putting electrical tape over heat shrink as well.

#7 ·
I had the same problem. Thanks to the info on this thread, I found the connector. It had come loose. There was no corrosion or wires showing that I could detect. I pulled out the connector and re-connected it. I drove for about 3 miles, and the check engine light turned off. Hooray!

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.