Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on Saturday night I was on my way home and I heard a dreaded *clunk* right as I accelerated from a standstill. A couple seconds later, the check engine light came on and I literally limped home as gingerly as I could (I was almost home), with the same occasional clunking coming from under the car. A little background: 2001 EX AT, 195K, 2nd tranny with only 60K on it, on Thursday in my shop class we replaced my sway bar links because it had been loose and clicking for quite some time. So THAT sound was fixed. So we run the code reader and get 0501 code, VSS A. Next day a friend and I look down where the sensor SHOULD be, and it was literally laying out of the hole, and had cracked and literally broken out of the transmission. Sensor and gear was completely intact, no damage on the gear or anywhere else, but it was ejected with FORCE to crack out like that. The holding bolt and rest of the bracket were still lodged tight in there, and I needed a breaker bar to get that off. My question is, WHAT could make that be pushed out of there that hard, and have no damage on the sensor? I am also wondering where the end of the CV joint comes in, in relation to the sensor. I am absolutely flabbergasted. Any ideas? Thanks!! 16835996_10210811414035772_4312739249059120735_o.jpg 20170219_211048-1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if it were an impact, wouldn't it have happened right away? What puzzles me is how it stayed bolted on the outside, but got thrown out from the inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts