1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got an error code from my honda crv 2003 AT and the error code was

P0750 - Powertrain
Shift Solenoid "A"

I am having problems with my transmission lately which is it is not shifting correctly mostly on 2nd to 3rd gear. It do not works sometimes and sometimes it does. It wont shift correctly especially when you kinda press acceleration a bit hard eg. When overtaking.

ATF is new and using honda ATF DW1

I think I need to replace the shift solenoid "A". Im about to go to buy this weekend and maybe someone can help me here by posting a pic of this solenoid A and how much is the average price of these. I called honda and they said there are two shift solenoids which is A and B. B has two solenoids and A has only one.

So to save some money, ill buy it myself. I just have no idea how it looks like. And maybe tell me where the shift solenoid A is located.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had shift solenoid A go out twice in my 2005 this year. The first time was after years of the transmission not working properly before I owned it and the second came three weeks after my transmission rebuild. The second failure was replaced under my transmission guy's warranty. From my understanding, it's not exactly an easy job like replacing most other sensors. Also, mine has (had?) an electrical defect that caused the shift solenoid to short out, so the wire harness was replaced.

There is a cover somewhere on the side of the transmission that holds the shift solenoids. This cover has a gasket on it and holds 2-3 quarts of ATF, so add that to the list of stuff to buy. Unless you are meticulous about collecting the ATF and keeping it clean before putting it back in. Once you are in the shift solenoid area, the shift solenoids are all color-coded by their wires. A is brown, I believe.

Solenoid A costs $125 on RockAuto, so add appropriate markup for getting it from a mechanic and/or Honda. I think I was charged $200 for mine.

Hope I was able to help somewhat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts