Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cr-v EX 2007 Cr-v EX-L
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Today just pop up 2 codes one in relation to low voltage and other O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2. Question is can I drive with bad O2 sensor 2-3 weeks because in my big 1 million people city they do not have in stock (I just cannot believe !!!) and the price is $260 order online 2-3 weeks shipping time. About low voltage is this about bad connections between battery terminals ? or somewhere around alternator ? 2 weeks ago my battery light after I start engine was about 3-4 min on but later till today it is ok. I start engine today battery light going off. Live date says 14.4 VOLT engine running..I am in Canada so condition are cold, snow and salt everywhere... thank you for input :) cheers
20210109_144743.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ahh and where about is this downstream sensor located ? :)

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,904 Posts
Ahh and where about is this downstream sensor located ? :)
Towards the rear of the catalytic converter. "Downstream".

That link has pictures and a video. Before spending the money, for sure look at the wire harness for damage, and disconnect/reconnect 3 times to assure that the connections are not just corroded.

You can probably drive a couple weeks with the code displayed.

+++++++++++

Regards the voltage, was the battery light on when you observed that 14V 'live reading'?
You could have a low output alternator, worn serpentine belt or weak tensioner, or bad ELD (Electronic Load Detector). Gotta troubleshoot some more...

Reactions: Voytek

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carbuff2 thank you very much for reply... always can rely on you :) I will do as you said. I will check (O2 sensor connections) it next my off day before I buy new one. Thank you for video link. About low voltage .. I am not so much incline with it but I am trying. To answer your question .. was the battery light on when you observed that 14V 'live reading'? No it was not. I just check voltage yesterday with OBD. When battery light was on about 3min after start engine car was few day not driven and it was like -20 C outside so I thought it was just malfunction and praying that will vanished :) I was going to work back then..... I will google what should I check step by step in relation for this low voltage issue.. Thank you again !!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Carbuff2. I just wanted to let you know that I followed your instructions and cleaned O2 plug and erased codes so far running good !!! Alternator I did not check everything yet but is ok for now and no codes. Do you think is good to buy and changed this serpentine belt ? I have this honda from first owner and I do not see in history that has been exchanged ....thank you !!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,904 Posts
We replaced our serpentine belt just as Good Practice at around 120,000 miles. No issues before or after.

Replacing it is a lot easier with a Serpentine Belt Tool like this due to restricted space

The 'cool' thing about the Harbor Freight tool is that the wrenches are embossed 'CR-V", LOL
:cool:

Reactions: Voytek

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for link. I will check how much they want with shipping to Canada. I was thinking to buy special Honda tool it cost $98 CAD but this Harbour Freight looks good and it is your recommendation so it has to be good !! Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts