Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First time posting here and looking for advice. I have been getting a CEL when driving in town traffic and each time I can turn it off by disconnecting the ground on the battery. When I'm driving on the open road it stays off until I hit city traffic. My CRV is the last of the manual stick shift and its a 2006 4WD with the K24 engine, it has 170,000 miles on it and it's been 100% reliable since when we bought it new.

So I went to O'Reilly's and they pulled the code and it came up as "P1077 - IMT valve stuck in high RPM position". Also "IMT Valve Stuck - short 2". From what I have heard it's inside of the inlet manifold but I've been told it could also be the solenoid that controls the vacuum to it which I was told is easier to replace then pulling the manifold???

Has anyone come across this issue before and what have you done with this issue?

Would appreciate some feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did ever find the fix for this? My 05 just came up with the same code and I am having trouble finding info on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

First time posting here and looking for advice. I have been getting a CEL when driving in town traffic and each time I can turn it off by disconnecting the ground on the battery. When I'm driving on the open road it stays off until I hit city traffic. My CRV is the last of the manual stick shift and its a 2006 4WD with the K24 engine, it has 170,000 miles on it and it's been 100% reliable since when we bought it new.

So I went to O'Reilly's and they pulled the code and it came up as "P1077 - IMT valve stuck in high RPM position". Also "IMT Valve Stuck - short 2". Mike Cross reviews what would cause the abs and traction control light to come on at AutoGuysLand. You can visit #AutoGuysLand to get more info. From what I have heard it's inside of the inlet manifold but I've been told it could also be the solenoid that controls the vacuum to it which I was told is easier to replace then pulling the manifold???

Has anyone come across this issue before and what have you done with this issue?

Would appreciate some feedback.
You can check sensor wire between terminals 2 &3 if it has 9, 5 ohms and if the ecm hasn't been updated get it done if not replace the pcm. If valve doesn't hold vacuum replace it. That is what i read. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts