Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had it checked out and I’m told the Intake Manifold Runner Control valve needs replaced.

I’ve watched some videos but does anyone know in general how hard is it to DIY? Looks like some of the front end needs taken out in order to get the IM out to access the rotary valve?

Vacuum pump is used to help rotate the new valve into position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
If you are changing the solenoid valve P/N 36163-PND-A01 you don't need to take any of the front end off, just the bolt holding the valve. See Honda tsb 05-052 (just google the TSB).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are changing the solenoid valve P/N 36163-PND-A01 you don't need to take any of the front end off, just the bolt holding the valve. See Honda tsb 05-052 (just google the TSB).
Oh ok. I guess I’m thinking the rotary valve (IMRC). Seems like every tutorial I’ve seen/read starts with having to remove the IM which requires removing some of the front end under the hood.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
Oh ok. I guess I’m thinking the rotary valve (IMRC). Seems like every tutorial I’ve seen/read starts with having to remove the IM which requires removing some of the front end under the hood.

Yea you don't want to replace the rotory valve...that is a fairly big job to tackle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea you don't want to replace the rotory valve...that is a fairly big job to tackle
Yeah it seems it’s pretty involved. That’s why I was asking if anyone has any tips doing it.

But I guess I could possibly start/try just the solenoid first? The code says p1077, stuck in high RPM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts