• Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to do a brake job on the Ole CRV. I am going to replace the pads and rotors. So I see lots of threads say OEM, Akebono, etc. is there a consensus for good pads? I have Wagner thermo quiets on now and would like to switch it up. Same it's the rotors. Is there a forum consensus on the best?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very much interested in this as well. I have 2006 FWD EX. Also where do you purchase
pads and rotors? Autozone, OReilly's, NAPA, or other local auto parts stores?

·
Registered
12 Posts
About to do a brake job on the Ole CRV. I am going to replace the pads and rotors. So I see lots of threads say OEM, Akebono, etc. is there a consensus for good pads? I have Wagner thermo quiets on now and would like to switch it up. Same it's the rotors. Is there a forum consensus on the best?
How did you like the Wagner thermo quiet brake pads?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If your in Canada, I highly recommend Maxbrakes.com. Great prices and free shipping to your door!

I love them!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,742 Posts
Very much interested in this as well. I have 2006 FWD EX. Also where do you purchase
pads and rotors? Autozone, OReilly's, NAPA, or other local auto parts stores?
The '06 came with low-dust pads.

I've stuck with OEM (each set has lasted 75K F&R). I've been a 'good boy' regards lubricating the rear slider pins on the calipers.

For our other cars I've favored Akebono ceramic pads (purchased from Rock Auto or via Auto Zone on special). Again, dust-free, good braking under street conditions.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
If your in Canada, I highly recommend Maxbrakes.com. Great prices and free shipping to your door!

I love them!
I'm glad to hear that. Just recently I bought pads and rotors from them for my hot rod truck, I've yet to install. Thought I would give them a try.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use Powerstop rotors on my Jeep and my daughters 2005 V. They work great with the ceramic pads after a proper break in. I wouldn't think any V would need Brembo brakes unless you've upgraded suspension and drivetrain for street racing. The front brakes like on most vehicles are responsible for almost 90% of braking. The back brakes allow for shorter stopping and to keep the vehicle under control with hard stops on unstable road surfaces.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I went ahead and replaced both rear rotors and brake pads on my 2006 CR-V FWD EX.
I was pleasantly suprised that the rotor retaining screws were easy to remove. Maybe having read from a bunch of posts here helped too! This is a terrific forum. Everyone has been very helpful. I went with the stock OEM rotors from OReillys and used the Wagner Thermo Quiet premium brake pads. Replacement went very well.
Now time will tell how they perform. I do mostly in town driving.

Cheers!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I tried aftermarket when Goodyear did my front brakes. The standard AMs take awhile to set in. Go with OEM or you will pay more for premium to avoid the noise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought MaxBreaks through Amazon for our 98 CRV, got free shipping and all that.
We are very happy with the results and product!

·
Registered
442 Posts

I love them!
Good to know Rickman, thanks ! I would love to give some business to my fellow Ontarians :) I have to change rear pads and rotors sometime early next year. Should I go with the drilled and slotted or plain rotors ? they also have some no rust stuff I believe.
By the way my OEM's lasted around 125k kms :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts