Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see attached photo of the hood of my 2015 CRV that I have had since November 2015.

I think it is a rock chip but the size and shape of it worries me.

Anyone had "Paint Issues" on the hood of their CRV?

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Please see attached photo of the hood of my 2015 CRV that I have had since November 2015.

I think it is a rock chip but the size and shape of it worries me.

Anyone had "Paint Issues" on the hood of their CRV?
How is a rock chip a 'issue' with the paint as you are implying ???
Clean it, dry it and touch it up asap.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No issues here but I did get a massive rock hit my hood then hit the glass and shatter my glass. Left a nice mark but I don't think it penetrates the paint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2015 and we have noticed paint chipping off of the hood and rusting. No dings on the areas. We do have a tiny ding from a rock but the primer/paint is still there. Going to the dealership to have pictures taken and contacting a Honda rep. Also the black molding/trim between the doors is starting to "fog" splotchy gray.

On a side note, I have had many vehicles in my life and when I have gotten chips from rocks or what have you, the top coat has chipped but the primer remained bonded to the metal 100% of the time prior to this vehicle. I have been in the construction industry for over 25 years and my company has done it's share of painting metal and the only time we see something like this is when a very cheap grade of primer is used or the primer itself lacks the proper amount of bonding agent/particulates which would be considered a defective product.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have 2017 CRV with paint blistering rust areas on front edge of hood. Assessed by Honda Rep and no satisfaction. Rep said that we abused the vehicle driving on the highway. We are not satisfied. It seemed like his job was to make sure that the defective hood, materials and workmanship were not covered under any warranty. We own many Honda products. In fact, we bought the CRV instead of the Kia Sorento because we were sure we got higher quality and workmanship with the Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts