Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Thanks Fishy. Excellent video my friend, I had no idea that the Honda touch up kit was this nice.
When I looked at it a few months ago I thought for $10 it would be just a regular touch up bottle with one applicator. This thing has three applicators and clear coat as well.

I know it did not come out perfect but I would love to see how well it came out. Can you post a closeup picture of the painted area so we can see how well it blended in?

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Thank you for the pictures Fishycomics.

That is a pretty good match Fishy. If you let that cure for 30 days it would be interesting to see what you could do with some very fine grit compound. I bet you could get the edges very even and maybe blend it in to the point where it does not show unless you look for it.

Rob

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought one shortly after I bought my '17...and finally had to use it the other night. Somebody chipped the edge of my back door (the "ridge area" where the door profile bulges out), probably in a parking lot.
I used the brush and then after drying the clear coat. Blended in well. You can see it's not flat, but the color match is good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I picked up the Honda touch up paint (Dark Olive Metallic) and needed to use it on one of my side mirrors. Tip -> After letting it dry for at least 48 hours, wet sand it (just enough to smooth out the surface), then apply some polish. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that help with wet sanding technics. I was hesitant at first but it'll really worked and eliminated the rough touch up paint. After wet-sanding, I used some Meguiar's Scratch-X first then some ultimate liquid wax.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I picked up the Honda touch up paint (Dark Olive Metallic) and needed to use it on one of my side mirrors. Tip -> After letting it dry for at least 48 hours, wet sand it (just enough to smooth out the surface), then apply some polish. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that help with wet sanding technics. I was hesitant at first but it'll really worked and eliminated the rough touch up paint. After wet-sanding, I used some Meguiar's Scratch-X first then some ultimate liquid wax.
And how did it look after sanding etc?

·
Registered
41 Posts
And how did it look after sanding etc?
Not bad. The Olive color was tricky but lightly wet sanding made everything even and smooth to the touch. Once the polish/wax was applied it brought back it's clearcoat glossy shine. I don't have a before picture but attached an after picture. It was scratched up pretty bad.

mirror2.JPG

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
looks good, i've been putting doing mine off for a while
I called my dealer and he ordered me a white diamond one for 2 little nicks on the fender and mirror
will be there wednesday & $11 so will do some before and afters this weekend.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Who are you guys ordering the paint from? I looked on College hill Honda and they don't seem to sell it.

Rob

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
FYI guys 9x out of 10 it's only clearcoat damage. Pick the closest color and use the clear coat out of it. It worked on my 15yr old CRV, got rid of a ton of scratches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Handa-accessories had it online, also the Advance auto I got mine with the order I made at HandA-accesrries. College hill should have them .

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Handa-accessories had it online, also the Advance auto I got mine with the order I made at HandA-accesrries. College hill should have them .
My dealer does not have them. I ordered one off of eBay. I just hope the color is correct, they seem to have the same colors under several different part numbers. Further digging reveals that some are for Gen4 and Gen3.

Rob

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts