Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I just picked up a 2001 CRV with silver aluminum wheels and the paint has peeled off the center cap. I searched around but didn't find a post discussing this. Any idea what paint to use to repaint them? I was thinking of just painting the entire caps and not worrying about black H in the center.
ideas welcome!
thanks

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moved to Tires, Wheels, & Suspensions Section.

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,077 Posts
I usually use Duplicolor base/clear when painting stuff. It sprays easy, dries quick, and looks great after.

I actually painted a model with a Duplicolor GM silver metallic last year, and it happened to match my 98's alloy wheels perfectly too. The label says BGM0340 Silver Met, replaces DSGM340.

Make sure you sand and prime the center caps first so the paint sticks, and spray a coat of clear after to make it look nice.

Good luck! I've been wanting to do that too (just haven't gotten time yet).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! the car is getting all new belts, water pump, seals etc, but when that is done my next task is clearing up the exterior which includes the center caps. My thought is just to paint them solid silver and not worry about the black H.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts