Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this "issue" applies to any other trims or model years, but we just purchased our 2020 Touring about a month ago. It was parked in the garage and we were driving our other car into the garage and we were looking at the CRV from behind at the drivers height perspective and noticed how obvious the two aluminum muffler "pods" and cross tube were. Everything else was a combination of the body color and the black trim, but the muffler system stuck out like a sore thumb. Now that I've pointed this out, you are going to look at your own car and it's going to bother you - you're welcome ;) So, I got a can of high-heat flat-black spray paint and blacked out both mufflers and the cross tube - looks 100% better. Sorry, no pictures.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Been discussed before, as well as the rust seams on the pipes where they are welded.

Some owners can't stand it and paint them. So if they bother you.. yep.. paint them. don't be surprised though if the paint peels off over time and you have to repaint. Generally, stainless needs special cleaning and coating to take paint and hold it well on surfaces that see a lot of heat cycling, road water and grime, etc.

For me, out of sight, out of mind. I don't go crawling under my CRV to check out what is and is not painted or unpainted metal. Nor am I bothered by seeing the exhaust piping if I am driving up an incline in behind a Honda.

Next up... I bet you start to notice water coming out of your tailpipes and do not like that either. :p It's normal. 1 Gallon of gas burned will produce just over a gallon of water in the form of exhaust. Some owners don't like the fact that there might be water sitting in the rear baffles of the exhaust system, so they drill a small drain hole in the bottom of the muffler. You are still going to see water pushed out of the tailpipes, but you will see less of it.

Enjoy your new CRV. :)

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
943 Posts
No pics?

Yea some models of car are worse than others. I had kicked around doing a center mount si exhaust at some point but its just the design of the rear. The sport bumper helps a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts