Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried this >> http://asseenontvandmore.com/bdinkindenre.html

I have quite a few dings on my driver side and would like to get them removed. I want to try and pop them myself, but wanted to know if anyone has used this before. I'm going to try it out on my girlfriend's little sister's car first. She has our old Corolla. :p

The dealership where my sister works charges $40 a panel and I have dents on every panel on the drivers side. I swear the people that owned the car before us were careless. The dings aren't to bad, but I want them gone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
$40 a panel is reasonable. My father-in-law wanted a golf-ball dent removed from their Trailblazer. Got 1st quote of $175. Said NO. A friend told him it shouldn't cost more than $75. He called a second guy who asked him "Are you with the IRS?" Of course, he says no. Dude tells him $60 cash only. He did a beautiful job and it was quite a dent from the golf ball. I saw it before and you could see the dimples from the golf ball in the dent!
Negotiate... :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$40 a panel is reasonable. My father-in-law wanted a golf-ball dent removed from their Trailblazer. Got 1st quote of $175. Said NO. A friend told him it shouldn't cost more than $75. He called a second guy who asked him "Are you with the IRS?" Of course, he says no. Dude tells him $60 cash only. He did a beautiful job and it was quite a dent from the golf ball. I saw it before and you could see the dimples from the golf ball in the dent!
Negotiate... :)
$40 a panel is expensive for me because I'm a student. $40 is with my sisters discount. I guess I could always try it out on the corolla first.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Has anyone ever tried this >> http://asseenontvandmore.com/bdinkindenre.html

I have quite a few dings on my driver side and would like to get them removed. I want to try and pop them myself, but wanted to know if anyone has used this before. I'm going to try it out on my girlfriend's little sister's car first. She has our old Corolla. :p

The dealership where my sister works charges $40 a panel and I have dents on every panel on the drivers side. I swear the people that owned the car before us were careless. The dings aren't to bad, but I want them gone.

Thanks!
I had my dent on my curved hood removed for free with a "paintless" removal system - normally it would have cost $75 (from a professinal shop, not the dealer), but it was a dent a little smaller than a golf ball from a road rock. It worked quite well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Visited my brother-in-law and he had the Ding King and helped take out several dings in my minivan. Must say it works pretty well, although if you look closely, you can still see where the ding was. It's good, but not perfect.

Also, the dent must be symettrical and not too deep. If you have a odd shapped elliptical type dent, the Ding King won't work very well on it. Also, if the center of the ding is deep, like a gouge, then the ding king won't get that out either.

But, for the money, it's worth the try and for the most part, it can make an unslightly ding look much better.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Visited my brother-in-law and he had the Ding King and helped take out several dings in my minivan. Must say it works pretty well, although if you look closely, you can still see where the ding was. It's good, but not perfect.

Also, the dent must be symettrical and not too deep. If you have a odd shapped elliptical type dent, the Ding King won't work very well on it. Also, if the center of the ding is deep, like a gouge, then the ding king won't get that out either.

But, for the money, it's worth the try and for the most part, it can make an unslightly ding look much better.
Yeah, I tried it and it removed two small dings that were on the drivers side door. Not bad at all.

Kangaman, I've seen that video before. Pretty cool, eh? I'm going to try that this weekend too! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts