Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my first not so small ding in the rear right wheel well, just above the black plastic. POS did not leave a note.
has anyone tried the paintless ding repair service? is it really good and worth it? how much do they normally charge? will attach a photo next.

·
Registered
541 Posts
got my first not so small ding in the rear right wheel well, just above the black plastic. POS did not leave a note.
has anyone tried the paintless ding repair service? is it really good and worth it? how much do they normally charge? will attach a photo next.
I've used them a couple of times with my Silverado and they did a great job. Price is based on how much time it takes. If you don't have a crease or broken paint they can usually do a good job. Most offer free estimates, that's what I would do. Most new and used car dealers use them. Check with a dealer for references.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
It is going to depend on where the ding is, how bad, and if there is single or double metal layering at the point of the ding. If it is single layer metal.. should be easy.. if there is a second reinforcing layer behind it... might be more problematic.

In my view...best just look up a local service or two and get estimates and check reviews on them.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
361 Posts
I've never been bothered with minor body pings/ dings so I've not used their services. Anything more serious has always gone to a quality body shop and I generally pay out of pocket.

Now I do spend $ on keeping lots of rubber between me and the highway, always re-freshening tires long before many would call it necessary - then easily selling the used ones on craigslist at $10 -$15 a pop.

Safety over cosmetics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts