Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone !
I have an intermittent battery drain on 2008 ex 2.2, does anyone know of a common fault?
I have read that the multiplex unit could be the source of the problem.
Would any owners know where this located in the car and is it an expensive item?
Thanks in advance for any input !
Cliff

The Enforcer
Moved to appropriate section.

Hopefully erstwhile member @UK-Kev may be able to suggest something 馃憣

Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
Hi everyone !
I have an intermittent battery drain on 2008 ex 2.2, does anyone know of a common fault?
Would any owners know where this located in the car and is it an expensive item?
Cliff
Do you know what the drain is? In milliamps?
Is it continuous or intermittent, like the infamous rear wiper motor trying to park every 10 minutes?
Pretty much all modern cars have some drain when stopped, the problems happen when they are either not driven enough or the drain has somehow increased.
You might find this informative:

Registered
2007 CRV
Hi everyone !
Cliff
In my 2007 CRV, the MICU is built into the under dash fuse box
And replacement cost for fuse box is in the $540 range just for part
Then a visit to the dealer is needed as the key will not work after disconnecting MICU
In my study of this MICU, it is very complex and way beyond my skill level to troubleshoot
So, would suggest getting a copy of the service manual and look under body electrical

If you go on youtube and search for parasitic drain, there are plenty of videos that can help.

Registered
Not heard of a common problem with the Mk3 CRV unlike the problems with the newer Honda鈥檚 having parasitic battery drain.

You say you have an intermediate battery drain could you define this a little more?

It could simply be that your charging system (alternator) is not charging the battery correctly and needs the system checking.

How old is your battery and have you had the battery and charging system tested yet?

Have any modifications been made? E.g., New Stereo?

Do you have a towing bar / electric fitted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts