Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
That’s not very helpful!
This is the best method for isolating a parasitic draw. No need to disconnect anything.... just measure across each fuse.. looking for any sign of a small voltage drop across the fuse (which indicates current being drained).

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the best method for isolating a parasitic draw. No need to disconnect anything.... just measure across each fuse.. looking for any sign of a small voltage drop across the fuse (which indicates current being drained).

That’s good to know but I’ve already located the problem circuit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is this the right cable to unplug? All info I could find pointed to this, but it hasn’t reduced the draw after replacing back up fuse
View attachment 137163
Danborg, thats not it, I just made the same error. Its the one to the right in your photo, with a white connector. That leads to the HFT module which, on my 2007 CRV just died. Let me know how you get on

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! Only just got around to trying this out, so with out back up fuse the meter reads 0.02amps with fuse 0.53amps and then when I disconnect the Bluetooth module it reads 0.26amps, which is amazing and has halved the parasitic draw but is this amount still going to cause battery drain?

Thanks to whoever lead me to this answer it has cost me countless batteries, a new alternator, a year or so without central locking for fear of killing the battery, it’s been a saga to say the least!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
0.26 amps is still very high, should be around 0.02 amps. Is the 0.26 amps occuring after the vehicle has set for awhile to allow all the cpu's to go into sleep mode?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeh I thought so, just tried it after 30 mins or so but had to unlock it using the fob does that take it out of sleep mode?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Yes, unlocking / opening doors will wake up various system in the vehicle. You can leave the hood unlatched and hook up your meter then leave the vehicle for awhile to go back to sleep. Just disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will wake up the vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So left it for about 4 hours and it was the same, other than slightly opening the latch to the bonnet I didn’t touch anything ?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
To me it sounded like he left it alone other than slightly opening the latch of the bonnet.
"other than slightly opening the latch to the bonnet I didn’t touch anything ? "
I guess I misunderstood.
That 0.53 amps before he disconnected the BT was a lot of draw.
Hopefully he will trace down the culprit and post back.
Buffalo4

21 - 40 of 47 Posts