Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '16 CR-V EX-L. When my left foot is resting on the footrest on the floor, the small pedal on the end of the parking brake is just a very small distance from my leg, just a little above the ankle. If I shift a little bit, or move my left foot around a little, the pedal digs into my leg. Mind you, it's not poking into it constantly, but I get banged enough to find it a little annoying. Anyone else?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same here. If I wear shoes the brake lever constantly rubs the top of my shoe at the laces. Hiking boots can't use the footrest. Flip-flops are a go!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strange thing is, I don't remember it happening when I took it for a test drive when I bought it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes, at first the parking brake position bothered my too. But after a week or so I don't even notice it being there.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I've seen that pedal position, not well thought out.

As for most vehicles having electric parking brake, pedals being on the floor has been the most common design for decades. Just the pedal placement for that specific CRV isnt great. Very very few have that yet and only in the last couple years have more brands been converting to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a '16 CR-V EX-L. When my left foot is resting on the footrest on the floor, the small pedal on the end of the parking brake is just a very small distance from my leg, just a little above the ankle. If I shift a little bit, or move my left foot around a little, the pedal digs into my leg. Mind you, it's not poking into it constantly, but I get banged enough to find it a little annoying. Anyone else?
sounds like first world problems there..

I kinda hated it too, because i like to rest my feet there and its there obstructing my feet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally always had wondered what would happen to my left leg in the event an accident because of that parking break. How far it would dig into my foot is (thanks good) is still a mystery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts