Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am picking up my UK spec CR-V ES gen 3 2010 model next week, I have been toying with the idea of replacing the single din radio with a Parrott Asteroid Smart.

So a few questions if anyone can help please?

1. Has anyone on here installed a Parrot Asteroid Smart to a CR-V?

2. I would like to retain the steering wheel controls, I have googled kits to do this, but depends on if the steering wheel buttons being resistive or CAN bus connections, any idea if a 2010 gen 3 model is resistive or canbus on the steering buttons?

3. Any info on any successful conversion from single din to double din and a good surround faceplate?

4. I would also like to add a reversing camera to the Parrot, should I go with an original Honda camera or any good 3rd party ones available?

Basically, any info or thoughts would be appreciated, I am an electrical engineer so quite happy to have a go at the install myself.

Regards
Boswell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, after a bit more research, the resistive fitting kit is for models 2007 to 2014 (Gen 3) and the canbus fitting kit is for 2012 to 2014 (Gen 4).

So I should be looking at the resistive fitting kit, however, not sure if the kits will make use of all the steering wheel audio buttons?

Regards
Boswell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts