Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home from work yesterday I was removing groceries from the passenger side of my 2015 CR-V and noticed that the edge of the foot panel popped off. I tried to pop it back into place, and all went well until I got to the last clip. I cannot get the clip to stay in place and it keeps popping back up like the photos I’ve attached. I’m not sure what caused this to come undone, I just purchased the CR-V on Christmas Eve 2019, and my wife is the only passenger I’ve had in my car. I might run it by the dealer to see if they’ll be able to pop it in place for me but that’s a 35 minute drive so any advice on how to get it popped back into place is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,476 Posts
Shoot to the dealer. Either the clip is damaged or the part it snaps into needs to be adjusted & clips are super cheap

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
It could simply be that a wire or something has moved into the way, not letting it close properly. You might have to get down there and check closely to see. That's what I would suspect. Some sort of interference.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
Here's a pic of what it looks like for a 2014:

There are 2 push pin type connectors towards the front of the vehicle, labeled 'A', and there are 3 snap in connectors towards the rear of the vehicle labeled 'B'. The directions indicate to remove the front 2 by lifting up the push pin first and pull it out. The other 3 it's best to use a plastic tool to pop them out, that will avoid marring up the plastic panel.

I just removed this the other day on mine, to run a wire into the console. I'd suggest remove the floor mat and go to the effort of removing the entire piece of plastic, it's really not difficult. I'd guess either your clip that gets snapped in has failed / fallen out, or as kloker says, something is in it's way of getting snapped in.

Since the top one is already popped out, you might be able to put your finger under it and pop out the other 2 (after removing the front 2). But it would probably be easier to have some plastic pry tools like these Car Interior Pry Tools Autozone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts