Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that the heated seats retain their heat setting until you change it. There's also a sensor in the passenger seat that knows if someone is sitting there and whether or not to turn off the airbag. But it doesnt seem to turn off the heated seats if it senses no passenger. I thought heated seats draw quite a bit of power so I have to turn off the passenger heated seat manually if no one is sitting there. Does anyone know if it turns off automatically after a short while? or maybe heated seats dont draw enough power to affect my mileage??

·
Registered
140 Posts
How else will you keep your pizza warm?

·
Super Moderator
3,206 Posts
The sensor in the seat notices if the seat is occupied yet the seat belt is not fastened, triggering an alert.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've found that the seat heaters get automatically lowered over time. If I recall correctly, the first transition to two-leds or medium heat occurs after thirty minutes. I don't recall the next transition time to low, but it's probably about an hour. I haven't driven long enough to know if they'll actually turn off after even more time though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts