Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Passenger Seat Rattle - 2018 CRV EXL

5841 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bandit400
Passenger Seat Rattle - 2018 CRV EXL

The passenger seat makes a rattle sound. I found that it was the seat, by thumping the upper portion of the seat in such a way that would send it towards the door/window, and then back towards me. The seat seems to have a rattle effect from left to right. This is also caused by normal road vibrations.

This was a mystery rattle to me that i had previously assumed was coming from the passenger side seat belt height adjustment area. It does not seem to be the floor mount of the seat, but instead seems to my experiments to be the upper portion of the seat.

Sharing in case this is a mystery for anyone else, or if you have any information.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,049 Posts
Since it's easy to replicate why waste your time trying to fix it. Just go by the dealership and show them the problem and have them fix it.

Rob

· Registered
311 Posts
I wanted to provide an update as a benefit to others. The passenger seat rattle was caused by a plastic wiring harness attachment that had separated from the frame of the seat. I am very thankful to have a rattle-less car again.
Thanks for posting this. I've heard an amorphous noise under certain circumstances. This could very well be the one as it would be in the right vicinity and would probably make the kind of noise I've been hearing. I'll have to go look under the seat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.