Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there we are 2016 Honda CRV exl awd owners in NC. We just picked up our car on 12/10. On 12/11 we noticed after making several trips in the car a white box "passenger side air bag" came on and then an orange off came on. After starting and stopping the car several times - sometimes the box would stay light, sometimes the off would be the only thing showing on the screen. both happened with someone in the seat or not. We also noticed a rattle/fluttering noise that is intermittent coming from this area. We took the car in to the dealer at 8am 12/12 and told that diagnostics showed nothing wrong and they never heard any noise. Being Saturday they were really busy and that they had no more time to spend with us and that being new to Honda we just had to accept that there was nothing wrong. The service adviser could not explain why we never saw what they feel is normal until Friday afternoon/evening and that if we wanted to bring the car in and leave it for a day during the week we could do that anytime before Thursday when the adviser would be leaving for Christmas holiday.
Firstly, has anyone been having issues with their sensors? what is your normal experience with starting the vehicle with a passenger/no passenger. The manual leads us to believe there is something to our concerns.
Secondly, (maybe we are spoiled having had Toyotas for 23 years) the service advisers always listened and never trivialized any of our concerns, they always kept us informed and never assumed we knew things. They never made us feel that time spent with us was wasted.
I know a lot of you will say you should have stayed with Toyota and if they made a RAV that we were comfortable with we would have. But after test driving them numerous times we went with the CRV. So here we are less than 200 miles and we don't feel safe driving any more than we have too. We spent a lot of money to be house bound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have owned 4 CRVs with our latest being a 2014 EXL Nav AWD. we had a similar thing with ours when new ... it turned out to be connection under the seat that was not seated properly ... the dealership ... from which we have gotten all our CRVs ... all leases ... thought it may have been tangled in the transport cover & pulled apart partially when the covers where replaced.

Also the passenger side are bags have sensors to automatically shut themselves off when there is a person or object in the seat that is below the height and / or weight requirements . I have a tendency to put my laptop bag on the passenger seat , this shuts off the airbag .

As for the advisor, we have lately run into the same attitude from the all new staff at the dealership, I have had a conversation with the general manager who was standing with a gentleman that I later found out was the owner ..... I told them that they had a beautiful new building but if the staff is not any friendlier, we will be going elsewhere after 9 Hondas from them .... we will see if it makes any difference.

I would go back to the dealer Monday morning and have the advisor sit in the back seat & show him / her what you are seeing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
When I bought my CRV from the previous owner which was my neighbor, they told me they had it serviced at a certain Honda dealership. When I was dealing with that dealership I felt no one there cared for the customer. It was a huge Honda dealership. Luckily, I found a smaller family owned Honda dealership that was closer to my house. It has made all of the difference in the world. I would definitely look into doing business with a different Honda dealership if you feel you are not getting good service. There is no need for that.

Just wanted to offer this about the Honda dealership. You need to feel that you are getting excellent service for your new purchase and nothing less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts