Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
From Page 21-79 in the factory service manual:

Glove Box Removal:

1. Remove two screws under glove box door.
2. Disconnect damper at lower right side of door.
3. Push in on sides of glove box so that stops clear to remove assembly.
4. Install in reverse order.

Replace Recirculation control motor:

1. Remove the glove box (as above).
2. Disconnect the 7P (7-pin) connector from the recirculation control motor. Remove the 3 screws and remove the motor. (Note how pin connects to arm linkage inside.)
3. Install new motor in reverse order of removal. Make sure the pin on the motor is properly engaged with the linkage. Reinstall glove box.
4. Operate to test new motor function.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Actually, the actuator shown in the picture in the first post is not the one I wanted to replace. Picture below shows the one that I removed, fixed, and put back (it works).

Thus, to access this passenger blend door actuator, I had to remove the glove box (as mentioned above), but also the passenger side floor air duct had to be removed (see picture below). Then, the three screws that hold the actuator can easily be accessed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I basically did what this youtuber did:
, i.e., cleaning the main gear which has the electrical contact underneath and applying new dielectric grease. The tricky part for the actuator that I worked on is that the arm was glued to the gear, thus, in order to remove this particular gear and access the electrical contacts underneath, I had to saw off the axle and put it back together. I have pics and videos: will need time to put them all together to share. No timeline :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts