Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Passenger's window not closing from the power window master

486 12
Hi guys,

Suddenly my passenger's window stopped to close from the power window master.
It opens fine, but refuses to close.
From the door itself it works fine in both directions.
I opened the power window master, cleaned it, tried to short the switch contacts with a wire, no luck, it still didn't close.
Any ideas, fuse, wiring, window master board?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX 1.5L Turbo
68 Posts
Interesting. Just Wednesday, the window on the front passenger side would not go down initially. It took about 4 pushes of the switch, then it went down a few inches. Another couple pushes and it went down. It went up all the way easily. This is the wife's '17,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I purchased a brand new master switch from Honda, replaced it, and it didn't solve the issue :(
I went farther - switched between the left and right passenger side switches, it didn't help.
Disconnected car's battery to eliminate a software glitch, it didn't help.
Running out of options :(
It looks like a wire gone bad, now go figure which one :(

·
Super Moderator
2022 CRV EX FWD 2022 Chevy Colorado
3,490 Posts
Good luck with your troubleshooting. Hopefully you figure it out quickly. Please let us know what you figure out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try this it get someone to help the glass to go up while someone triggers the button see if it goes up. I hope this helps.
Do you mean pull it manually while the up-button is pressed?
It goes up and down from the passenger's door itself just fine.
The problem is only to get it up from the master switch by the driver. It's clearly electrical. I don't think a mechanical action will do anything.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Yes, that is what i meant. You have named a symptom that will pinpoint the problem. It must be the wires that goes to the door via the rubber hose. Try this open the door in a different angles see if stuff starts to work. You might have wires that are breaking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts