Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2000 CRV. I have an unplugged pigtail that I can not figure out what it is supposed to go to! it is diving me nuts!
Anyone know where it might go?
Thank you for any help!

IMG_1532.jpg IMG_1515.jpg

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
EGRs didnt exist on all Hondas till about gen 3 IIRC. It was a California emissions thing prior to that because California standards were stricter than Federal (still are but both Federal and California have become stricter over the years)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, for the delay getting back to you. I looked at my CRV yesterday and I my have solved the case. I need to review the the exact location of it's mating plug. I will do that this morning and get back to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, I found it. That is the pigtail to the crankshaft position sensor. It routes nearly straight down between the alternator and the back side of the timing belt. If you crawl under the oil pan area and look up between the inside drive belt and the the timing belt cover you will see were it plugs in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you detucker!!!! I will look at in first thing tomorrow morning!
Weird that it is not throwing any codes for it? but it makes sense that is what it is.
I will update soon as I know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Chances of it being cranksensor are slim and none, wont run without crank sensor plugged in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I did not see the reply's. I thought there would be email notification...

I still do not know what the plug is for. All I can think of is the motor was replaced with an Imported Japanese spec one.
I wonder if the North American engine had something that this engine doesn't?

I do get intermittent check engine light for code P0505 (idle air control system) since the engine replacement. I even replaced the IAC valve with a new one and code still shows up sometimes, not sure if this can be related.
Thanks again for any help!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
your code could be a vacuum leak.

That plug very simply is just not used. Very common on vehicles to have plugs for parts that are not used or only optional on some models. Wires are still there but what they plug into are not. Dont worry about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts